George's Pedal Steel Guitar Web Site

Editing a Drum Pattern In Band In A Box


Before getting into the actual editing, there is a powerful tool that is called "Alternate". This pattern just happens to use this and it is indicated by the red square that is highlighted around the cursor. This "Alternate Drum Note" allows the measure to be played 45% of the time with a closed hihat in this position. The rest of the time (55%), the measure will be played as written. This gives the effect of having a live drummer verses a software type of program generating the drum pattern because it will constantly change the pattern being played. To use the "Alternate Drum Note" just click on what you want played and then click on "Alt" button. Then fill in what you want and click on the "OK". Lets go to the next pic and will start editing.
Questions

Back     Home Page      Next Pic From Drum Editing Page